27 February 2011

Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Apples…

Insert big *sigh*.  It’s been a rough few months…wondering what God is doing (what are You doing by the way??).  We still don’t know, but there has been one thing that has given us hope and joy and that is fruit. 

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

(Notice the word ‘remain’, that sounds long term to me)  So we’ve seen some fruit which gives us confidence that we are where we are supposed to be.  We are in him and he is in us.  In saying that, do not misunderstand; there was a time when we couldn’t see an apple within a million miles, which doesn’t mean we were apart from God.  If you go back a little ways in the book of John to verse 2 you read “…while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”  So there are always going to be those pruning times…insert another big *sigh*.  But oh the joy when you are doing the work of the father.  It’s a bit like getting a big breath of fresh air after being under water, or a drink when you are soo thirsty.  I can’t believe I wrote that, I hate similes.  Anyways…there is oh so much more I could say on the subject but I will finish with Colossians 1:9-11

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience.

The bible is so good…

No comments: