14 September 2011

Thoughts

I was just reading this morning in Acts 14 particularly verse 3 which says “So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders. 

Then I read in 1 Corinthians 2:4 which says “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power…”

I am eager to see God’s power at work…do I forget about God’s message coming first?  And taking that backwards, do we speak God’s message but have no expectation of God’s power following?

…just my thoughts for the morning…

1 comment:

vikkib said...

So true Shawna,
Maybe we need to re evaluate our expectations. I recently prayed for a friend who is not a Christian at work because she was really depressed. Then I was so surprised when she said she could feel something happening to her as I prayed. Previously I have prayed for people but no one has ever commented that they felt anything although they don't mind me praying for them. I was disappointed in myself that I was so amazed. I know God heals and performs miracles so next time I pray I am definitely going to expect a miracle, even if I am at work.